Friday, April 29, 2011

Planning, Fundraising & Wow

I am so very excited!!!! School is going GREAT, and I am planning a fundraiser to get the nonprofit going. I am astonished by the amount of feedback and encouragement that I have received while planning the event. The nonprofit will be called Hopeful Hands; the mission statement is “Making a difference in the lives of children and families, whose lives are affected by birth defects”.
While planning the event I was starting to get worried because we were not finding a location. With the time of year and being wedding season everything was booked up months ago. However, God is good (GREAT), He opened the door for me to start school and to get things going for Hopeful Hands and He opened a door for a location as well.

I am amazed that when we started planning this event started out as a garage sale and a variety show. Everyone loved the idea so much that they started throwing in more ideas and now we have an ALL day event with something for everyone. (Please see list below) I am so thrilled to have been blessed with awesome people that are willing to help with this now major event, and that are encouraging in my efforts to move forward with my purpose in life… Hopeful Hands is God’s purpose for me, I was made this way for a reason and that reason is Hopeful Hands and the work that I will be able to do while working within this organization. Thank you God for answered prayers and loving me enough to make me in this special way.

Line up events for June 11th, 2011:

8am-1pm: Rumage Sale
... (Back parking lot of the Belt Bowl- If raining will hold in the
back hallway of the Belt Bowl)

10am-5pm: Open Bowling
($2 a game as many games as you want in that time)

1pm- Sweeper Bowling Tournment
($20 to preregister or $25 to register the day of the event.
Entry forms will be available in the next few days. Prize list to
be paid 1 in 8)

6pm-8pm: Variety/Talent Show featuring local artists and a silent auction
Cost: Free will donation

8:30pm-10pm: Open Bowling
($2 a game as many games as you want in that time)

10pm-2am: Rock-N-Bowl
($12 a person)

**Half of all the open bowling and rock-n-bowl proceeds will go towards the fundraiser. All proceeds from the sale and show will go towards the fundraiser.**

Location for all events will be Belt Bowl (210 N. Belt Hwy. St. Joseph, Mo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment