Thursday, February 17, 2011

New Experiences

Being around a new group of children always reminds me why I am going to school and encourages me to want to keep moving towards my goals. I recently started coaching kindergarteners in basketball at my church. On the first night I was bombarded with questions about why I only have 3 fingers on my short arm. I explained it again and again that God made me different for a purpose. The children were not rude or intrusive, just very curious. I thought it was great. I got a chance to show that just because I am different, does not mean that anything is wrong with me. I also showed them that I still have confidence in myself and that even though I am different, God still has a plan for me.

I love having the opportunity to share my mission and even the youngest children can be reached by being exposed to those that have differences physically. I feel like I am on the right path and am finally feeling like I am making progress not only with my own issues about my birth defect but in the rest of my life as well. Keeping the attitude that my arm is a blessing is not always easy when I have people that act like I am to be pitied because I am different. There is no reason to pity me, God does not make mistakes, He made me with a plan and His plan will unfold into a wonderful opportunity in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you are blogging! WE have so much to learn from you! You are a TRUE blessing and a joy to know!

    ReplyDelete